Error 1328 is the QuickBooks update error that is faced by users while updating, and installing the files related. It displayed on your screen shows the message as “Error 1328. Error updating file C:\Config.Msi\PTXXX.tmp (File path).”
Below, you get the information related to it like more reasons that cause this error code and also, the solution to fix it. Other 13xxx thousand issues, Error code 1334 related to the update.
Quick learn about update error 1328
Symptoms – Error 1328
- You are not able to update QB software
- Face Difficulty while installing or uninstalling the software
- Repairing QB accounting can’t be succeeded
- QB software stops or does not work properly
- Windows becomes slow
- Your program takes a lot of time to respond
List of Reasons that Cause the Error 1328
- When the user tries to update the version of the software
- Malware or virus attack
- Installation is incomplete or interrupted
- Network error while connecting to the server
- The downloaded file of the software is damaged
- Shut down of the system and software is not done properly
- Power failure causes issues
- Issues while downloading the software.
Ways to Fix the Update Error 1328 QuickBooks
Now to resolve it, follow the proper complete method to fix this 1328 error code.
Ways I- Repair Windows installation
- Firstly, sign in to your system as “admin”
- Now, perform the “repair process”
- Open the “Control Panel”
- Then click on the “Programs” and “Features” option
- Select the from the list shown to you
- Now click on the option “Uninstall”
- When the screen displays uninstalling software, click on the repair tab option
- Run the ” system repair tool”
- After the repair is completed, apply the security patch to it.
Ways II- Rename Folder
- Find out the file name “config.msi” in your system
- Go to “Explore” by right click on the start menu
- Open the C: drive and then go to the “tools” folder
- In the view, select the option all “hidden files and folders”
- Click on the Apply button and then the OK button to close this window
- Choose the “config.msi” and then select the rename option
- Add the “OLD” at the end of the file name and save it to another location
- It helps in including all mandatory folders and files with documents in your system.
Ways III- Uninstall and install again
- First of all, uninstall the software from the “Control Panel”
- Then Reinstall it cleanly
- Use the “.exe file” to install it by double click on it
- Follow the instructions shown on your screen
- In the end, click on the “Finish” button and it’s done.
Ways IV- Windows Registry repair
- Apply for the tool that helps in repairing the “registry”
- It is done with the antivirus software that removes the “virus or malware” from the Windows system
- Remove all the documents and files that are not important to the system
- All the drives and software that are of outdated versions remove them
- The recent changes done in your system, undo it now
- Reinstall the software completely and properly
- Click on the Windows System File Checker and run it
- Install all the important updates of Windows.
Here, you get all the answers to your queries and the information as per your requirements. The team is happy to serve you and you can also reach them via email or do a live chat with an expert team. They provide great assistance as the members of the team are well-experienced in resolving all types of glitches related to the software.
Read more— QuickBooks Clean Install Tool